Some people who have mold exposure, even tiny amounts, develop serious health concerns. Mycotoxins are produced by microfungi (i.e., mold) and may do damage to the body systems in some people. This exposure could lead to chronic symptoms, from headaches and allergies to autoimmune conditions.

Mold can be common in bathrooms, office buildings, and many foods. Some people come in contact with mold and hardly experience a negative reaction. However, other people have a higher risk at exposure. Genetics, nutritional deficiencies, previous accumulations of environmental toxins, age, high levels of stress are all factors that can impact how fast you get sick from mold.

Symptoms vary for mold toxicity. Like many other allergies, warning signs can include wheezing, stuffy or runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, skin rash, or hives. It’s important to pay attention to chronic symptoms because mold toxicity should not be ignored. While mold is on food can often be visible by fuzzy green or blue spots, it can also be hidden in food.

Foods Rich in Fungal (Mold) Protein-Allergens

  • Dried Fruit
  • Aged Cheese
  • Mushrooms
  • Hamburgers
  • Over-Ripe Fruit and Vegetables
  • Tomato Products
  • Bread
  • Beer
  • Wine and Wine Vinegar
  • Processed Meats

All foods will become moldy with time. So, we suggest to grocery shop frequently and buy in small quantities to avoid food waste. If you suspect mold toxicity, then be sure to talk to your doctor about a test.

join our mailing list