Getting eggs out of your diet can feel challenging at first. No more eggs and bacon in the morning! What about baked goods? Keep reading to learn all of the best tips on how to upgrade your diet to remove eggs gently.
Often the easiest way to remove egg from your life is to do it slowly while learning the ingredients in your go-to foods and treats.
Here are some great tips and substitutions for eggs.
- Not sure how to make baked goods anymore? Try this Bob’s Red Mills egg replacer.
- Make a flax egg! What?!? Simple. Just mix 1 TBSP ground flaxseed with 2.5 TBSP water. Stir, and you have got an ‘egg.’
- Try a banana. YEP! Bananas, unsweetened applesauce, canned pumpkin, or squash make great ‘eggs’ in baked goods.
- Need a grab and go sweet treat? We love these Lenny and Larry’s Vegan Cookies.
- Curious what breads are egg-free? Dave’s killer bread has several egg-free bread options. We love to buy them in bulk then store them in the freezer.
- Not sure what to order for breakfast? Try an avocado toast, choose the waffles or pancakes (Really Great Food Company has an egg-free pancake mix), or an arugula breakfast salad with bacon. You can always enjoy a delicious breakfast smoothie for breakfast stress-free.