Getting dairy out of your diet may be a major game-changer. For many, it helps in supporting your digestion, clearing up your skin, and getting your sinuses to feel back to normal again and MANY other things. Often the easiest way to remove dairy from your life is to have fun at the grocery store picking out some dairy alternatives. We are so lucky that there are LOTS of nut milk, dairy-free cheese, and even great “sour cream and cream cheese” options that are all dairy-free. You will find that you can even make a mean dairy-free milkshake with the abundance of dairy-free ice creams out there!
Here are some great tips and substitutions for dairy:
- Instead of milk try any unsweetened nut milk like almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, or hazelnut milk. Be cautious of sugary additives.
- Must have half and half in your coffee? We love So Delicious Coconut Creamer, Elmhurst Oat Creamer or NutPods Creamer.
- Gotta have butter? We suggest Butter flavored Coconut Oil.
- Love cheese? Try Nuttin Ordinary dairy-free cheese or Follow your Heart cheese. You can also make a delicious cashew cheese
- If you are craving cream cheese think Kite Hill brand, or if you love sour cream think Wayfare brand.
- Our experts think the best dairy-free ice cream is Coconut Bliss!
- Love Pizza? Try making your own and using Nutritional Yeast as your cheese, or Amy’s makes a yummy frozen pizza
- Yogurt for breakfast? There are so many delicious yogurts available that are dairy-free (and quite honestly taste BETTER than dairy yogurts) like Forager Cashew Yogurt, Kite Hill Yogurt, and CocoYo.
- If you love a good protein powder after a workout or in your breakfast smoothie check out Vega, Orgain, or Plant Fusion protein powders.