It is no secret that leafy greens are an easy way to treat our bodies to key nutrients. Get out of your go-to salad routine and switch it up with these ideas.
Here are some salad boosters to keep your salads healthy and tasty:
- Edamame beans or chickpeas for protein
- Canned chicken, sardines, or tuna
- Roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Toasted cashews
- Toasted Parmesan cheese crisps
- Edible flowers (dry or fresh) make a salad pretty!
- Dried cranberries or blueberries
- Freshly chopped mint, cilantro, or basil (or all three!)
- Sundried tomatoes
- Pickled veggies
- Fresh zucchini curls
- Dress with olive oil and balsamic or apple cider vinegar, sea salt & pepper. Or check out our avocado cilantro dressing.